Sunday 7 April 2013

And I Meet a Millionaire....

Yea I know some of you with itchy ears cant wait to hear what I have got to say, but catch yourself its ellyeleanor blog, solely inspiration, and not gossip, so its not what you're thinking(though I am going to be one and have a man who is one shortly winks lol). Yea I know I have deflated someones desire to go on lol! But seriously it was just like any other day at work and I had several people booked in my diary to see me, and the appointments before lunch breaks are not as fun for me as I have been skipping my breakfast for sometime,(please no preaching here, I know all of that, breakfast is the most important meal of the day bla bla bla, don't worry about me, I will be fine lol) and when its just time for lunch, I don't want to be dealing with trivial issues/complaints. Three days ago however just before my lunch, I had a guy booked in my diary to see me and as there wasn't enough information about him, I was just ready to run along and treat the appointment as unimportant before I was halted half way and I was told that my appointment was already waiting at reception and I went arrggggh, "I am so hungry". Anyways I wouldn't keep him waiting and in my usual style, I gave him a warm handshake and a lovely smile not the best I could as you can appreciate at this time there were growling sounds from my tummy. However it turned out to be one pleasant experience, this man so inspired me not because of what he had(Yea he was a millionaire in the strongest currency in the world, thanks to the Queen) but how he came across, what he had put into life, his perception of live, and top of it all his simplicity. When I saw him, he didn't strike me like he had anything, I was just warm to him because its in my make up to be so. But when I looked into his holdings I went wow! though I didn't show it lol! But in his words he goes "Elly its been 30 years of hardwork". He practically summarised his life story for me, he told me his business strategy, his main clients and even told me that business was not as good at the moment and that he was planning retirement soon. I never felt an iota of pride in him, and I was so relaxed with this guy maybe because of the way he spoke to me or the age, it felt like my dad speaking to me and at this point I felt like an interviewer lol and the hunger suddenly disappeared and you know what, I was so inspired and ended up having lunch at 4pm on that day. I said to myself, there are 24hrs in a day and if I spent some time reasoning critically on the business environment or even my immediate environment,I could possibly come up with a prodigious idea that could change my life and the world. We look at lord Sugar, Richard Branson, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, to mention but a few and feel this people are super human, but the truth is that they are not and we can really make it, if we put our hearts to it and with God on our side, for those of you who believe in God and hope to believe later. You might not end up being a millionaire, but work in such a way that you put in nothing short of your best in this life. Imagine the time spent on social networking sites just idling away, and imagine what you would have come up with if that time was put to creative thinking. Don't get me wrong, I believe in relaxing and enjoying oneself, but the problem is that the saying goes "work hard!play hard" but these days people want to work less and play hard! and that is where misplaced priorities come in. The sad thing in this day and age is how our mentality /perception of how we treat people has changed. People most times are treated based on their net worth which is absolute silliness. The video below is one that caught my attention and I thought I had share this, however its not really a gender issue I must say but a human issue which should be dealt with individually. I can remember being in a relationship with some guy and on one of the days when he sees, this girl cares less about his bank balance, he goes "Elly there is nothing a man can do for you but love you, that is all he owes you because I see that you are someone who will have whatever you want because you work really hard and you are a determined person". Hearing that not only made my day but really spurred me, and with that mentality, comes so much respect from both parties and it takes the relationship to another level, which must not necessarily be marriage but a true friendship and a hand to hold you through stormy waters. Invest in people for who they are, and not what they have, trust me life has a way of paying you back for every act, good or evil. Enjoy the Video, I really did ):

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....