Monday 22 April 2013

Push vs Pull

"The relevance of the age-long conundrum known as the glass ceiling has become ever more questionable for a number of compelling reasons. First, its root in the invisible barriers (push factors) facing women's career progression prospects in the corporate world is ever-changing at a rapid pace across every region of the globe. Second, research shows some evidence of a major dramatic increase in women-owned businesses as being attributable to women's desire to gain more flexibility in their work arrangements (pull factors)" Hmmmm I know some are beginning to wonder where I am coming from and where its going to lead to? No worries I will let you in on it. And here I am reading this journal which is really mind stimulating and in between I begin to wonder as I compare the pull vs push factors. And you know what I am thinking? God will surely use situations, circumstances, people, your immediate environment, and everything it takes to bring you to what He has purposed for you.
I was having a conversation with a friend and I say to her, you know what? "If  primary schools were not compulsory for children of a certain age, most people would not attend primary school or would drop out at the slightest provocation by the school teacher.
The circumstances we pass through, Push us to our limits, try our patience and brings out the best/worst in us as it Pulls us away from our comfort zone and Pushes us towards the place of fulfillment. 
In the book of Exodus the Lord led the children of Israel from Egypt to the promised land , not through the straight route, but through the deserts, mountains, red sea, enemy territory, and all they had to pass through. Have you stopped to ask yourself why? And at the end He says I did all that to test your heart towards me. Prov 24: 9 says " If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small.
Contentment will never come from actualizing that dream, You know why? Cos when the dream is achieved, you dream another dream and the vicious circle begins all over again. Yes! So enjoy the season of your life you are in, Be content in it, Learn what you have to learn, and when those situations Push you away from your comfort zone, Hold on to your anchor, which in God, as you Pull towards the place of fulfillment.
                                                     *THINK LONGTERM*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....