Tuesday 16 April 2013

Lifes Little Pleasures....



You have the option of choosing almost everything in life, from a job, to a career, place to live, whom to marry, what to eat, the list goes on and on, it could be said to be endless. But you know what? when it comes to family, you don't have a choice at all. God puts you there for a reason and just you alone can play your role. The earlier we discover this the easier and better life would be.
   So this morning I ring my dad to quickly hear his voice as I make my way to work and trust me listening to a conversation between my dad and I, if you didn't know me you will sincerely think I was dating a sexagenarian as young as I was as you would constantly  hear words like "one and only" as he fondly calls me , darling, beautiful etc.
                                                                            

Yea I have got a very romantic/funky dad, you can take my word for it(smiles) and nothing makes him happier than listening to me over the phone, he never seems to get enough of hearing me after these X years(hmmmm you can solve the differentiation to find out what X is lol!). And as he goes on and on, giving me all the trending gist's in his circle, he goes "yea the young man came to me and said bla bla bla and he never knew I had gotten all the info from facebook" and I laughed so hard. Dont forget I said my dad is a sexagenarian. The way my parents go on and on over this facebook thing really cracks me up. The other day my mum actually threatened  my kid brother by saying she was going to get a facebook account to keep an eye on him. And all of us children were reeling with laughter. These are individuals who can hardly operate their phones and I say "technology has left them behind, but yet they can tell and want sophisticated phones. Anyways life is simple and beautiful. Nothing is for ever I always say, so cherish those who God has put in your life because tomorrow isn't guaranteed .
                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....