Wednesday 10 April 2013

Breaking Grounds; The Fastest Woman In The World!


The fastest woman in the world: Meet the Scotswoman who is tipped to be the first British female to race in Formula One


I am not necessarily one to sit in front of the screens watching the formula one race, but I met this guy who surprisingly does not like football(yea  thought all men loved football, like it flowed in their veins lol) for anything but will not let anything come in between him and the formula one race, in fact he even pays for the best seat in the grand prix way before it starts. Its amazing to see what interests various people. However passion has a way of rubbing off on others and now at least I can give it a bit of my attention. However I was really inspired when I saw Susie Wolff on the One Show and l was quite impressed at how much she had put in to be where she is now, in the wake of being a male dominated, fairly dangerous sport. She happens to be the first British female in the sport and despite  Spaniard Maria Villota having lost her right eye in a testing crash in July 2012,She didn't let that deter her at all. During the show, I could just sense a woman passionate about what she does with so much humility and in her words" Susie said, I don't race to prove how good women can be against men, I race because its my passion". Hmmmm really lovely lady I must say.


Scottish female racing driver Susie Wolff has announced that she will appear in a BBC documentary this spring about her life as the only woman in F1

Formula One female test driver Susie Wolff has announced that she will appear in a BBC documentary this spring about her life as the only woman in F1.
30-year-old Susie, from Oban, Argyll, is tipped to become the only female racing driver in the sport and the film, The Fastest Woman In The World, follows her life and career as a test driver.
Directed by her BAFTA-nominated brother David Stoddart, 31, the film also features appearances from Formula One race ace Lewis Hamilton and racing legend David Coulthard.
Susie, who is a developmental driver for the Williams F1 team began go-karting when she was eight and now lives in Switzerland with her husband, Austrian racing driver Toto Wolff.
She said: 'Shooting the film was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. I
'’m a fairly private person, so to have my brother follow me for nine months, through some pretty difficult times - let’s just say it was a big challenge.'
David said: 'It was tough combining the role of documentary maker and brother. I had to remind myself that I was there to film Susie's story, but during the more difficult moments my instinct as a brother kicked in.
'It was challenging at times to strike the balance, but it's a great story that needed to be told.'
He added: 'Susie was very open and honest, and I’m enormously grateful to her for that, and for giving me a rare glimpse into life in Formula One.'
Other names to have driven for Williams in the past include Nigel Mansell, Damon Hill and Jenson Button.  
Susie said: 'I don't race to prove how good women can be against men. 
'I race because it’s my passion and I hope this documentary will give an insight into a very competitive world, in which I’ve been racing since I was a young girl.'
Susie is currently the only female driver in the sport and the film, directed by her brother and BAFTA-winning film maker, David, will follow her career in the traditionally male-dominated industry
Susie is currently the only female driver in the sport and the film, directed by her brother and BAFTA-winning film maker, David, will follow her career in the traditionally male-dominated industry
30-year-old Susie has revealed that she will star in a BBC documentary about her career in F1 this spring
Susie is married to driver and executive director for Mercedes Toto Wolff
30-year-old Susie, who is married to Austrian racing driver Toto Wolff, is a developmental driver for the Williams F1 team 
She revealed the news at the Circuit de Catalunya in Spain where she joined her Williams F1 teammates to launch Williams 2013 race car, the FW35

                                                        Culled from mail online(april 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....