Saturday 27 April 2013

Its a new Dawn!

I will share my devotional with you this morning as an encouragement to someone, who feels defeated by the task ahead, or you feel its all gone wrong. You know what? Our God is a God of restoration. He told Ezekiel "I will restore the years, that have been lost, the years consumed by the locust, caterpillar, and Palmer worm". And you know what? when restoration comes, you rapidly forget all your weeping and days of sorrow. Its like a woman in labour, once the child is born, all the pain is forgotten when you look that child in the eyes and marvel at the life that has been brought forth. As I meditated on the book of Deuteronomy 20 vs 1-9, the Lord was going ahead to fight for the people, but they needed to be in the right frame of mind. Because its a battle field of the mind, and if you are not defeated in your mind, its difficult to be defeated else where. Dont get me wrong, situations will surely shake all you believe in and surely there will be trials and testing, but hang on, because like seasons, it will pass. It wont be forever, it will surely turn around, in your favour. And this young man I love so much says it all in this beautiful song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....