Tuesday 23 April 2013

ELLYS THOUGHTS....


"I was 43 years old and I was the highest
ranking woman on the ... staff, and this guy
thinks I'm somebody's secretary. I mean I was
at Harvard. I was a fellow at Harvard ....
—Executive vice president, transportation
company"
   Tell me about gender discrimination in the work place.
Was speaking to a colleague today at work and she says Elly you could be the ambassador for your country and she so believes in me that she made us surf the internet for my country's high commission and guess what? You don't get to see any link for careers and we laughed so hard today. Shes gone an extra mile and sent a mail, but if I believe shes going to get a reply, then I might be living in denial.  And this is me " You might be as intelligent as Bill Gates and as beautiful as a mermaid but...... I wouldn't want to complete the end of that phrase, I leave it to you. Anyways never say never, staying positive is key and I believe that technocrats like me someday will bring about the much desired change YES!
And funny as I log unto the blog I see this quote from scriptures;

No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength...But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love.

And really I say to myself, you might really try so hard but prosperity/fulfillment a healthy self worth and contentment, come from above.
                                                 *THINK LONGTERM*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

People Collector!

If I have not learnt a lot in life, I have learnt that every single thing as well as every single person in our lives, happens for a reason....